- Less pimples
- Less fat to grab when I put my hands on my hips
- I’m not ‘shedding’ as much hair
- I get mild headaches if I eat too much sugar
- Our garbage is smelly. Lots of banana skins, meat scraps, etc.
Goals for next week:
- Continue to incorporate exercise in my daily life
- Plan the vegan week!
- Plan a gluten-free week
- Find a second job, and incorporate healthy eating with a busy schedule
Don’t be afraid of cooking!
The one thing I was worried about for our 90 day makeover was cooking more homemade meals. The only meals I knew how to cook were the following:
- Bisquick Pancakes
- French Toast
- Mac and Cheese
- Bowl O’ Cereal
I have a good friend who makes the yummiest dishes! I told her that she should come over and teach us how to cook. Her response was pretty simple: Just read the recipe!
Even before this 90 day makeover, I’ve been on the hunt for tasty recipes. I even picked up a couple of rather old cook books from the thrift store. By old, I mean they have recipes that use every bit of the animal for dinner (ex: Sweet and Sour chicken livers).
Here’s what I discovered: I use recipes like I use crochet patterns. I’ll look at the recipe (or pattern), look at the picture if there was one, and then decide ‘meh, I got a better idea.’ That’s when creative Lyssa takes over.
At this point, we can buy some sort of beef, chicken, pork, whatever, and we will just get creative with a few basic ingredients. So far, our ideas have turned out really tasty! And trust me, I never thought I would be able to do something like this.
It’s still a learning process, but here are some ingredients/spices that have come in handy more than once with a multitude of meals:
- Bread crumbs
- French’s friend onions (what you use in green bean hot dish)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cooking oil